Police Reports for K1 Fiance and Marriage Visas

Does my fiance or spouse need to get a Police Report to get a K1 Fiance or Marriage Visa?
The answer is Yes. Every foreign fiancé or spouse who has applied for a K1 Fiance Visa or a Marriage Visa must apply for and obtain a police report from every country he or she has lived  for more than 6 months after the age of 16. The CEAC has specific instructions for obtaining a Police Report. These instructions can be found at:  http://www.travel.state.gov/content/visas/english/immigrate/immigrant-process/documents/Supporting_documents.html
I would suggest taking steps to obtain your Police Report after receiving your initial approval from USCIS. The report should be good for up to one year and you will need it to finish your application for a K1 Fiance or Marriage Visa. In the case of a Fiance Visa, you will likely submit it just prior to your Embassy interview or at your interview. For a Marriage Visa, you will typically submit it with all your other required documents directly to the National Visa Center as instructed.
If you have any questions about obtaining a Police Report for your immigration matter, or questions about the K1 Fiance or Marriage Visa application process, you are welcome to call me anytime toll free at 1-888-515-3529.
Attorney Jeff Pettys
Contact Information