USCIS requires a passport style photo for each K1 Fiancé and/or CR1 Marriage Visa application. The processing of your application may be delayed if you do not submit the proper type and size photo. Therefore, its important that the photo that you submit meets the visa requirements.
I recommend that you use a professional passport picture service, but in the event that you try and do the photos yourself, the photos must meet the following basic requirements:
- The passport photos must be in color
- The picture must be printed on matte or glossy photo quality paper
- The size of the photo must be 2 x 2 inches (51 x 51 mm)
- The photo must be sized in such a manner that the head shot is between 1 inch and 1 3/8 inches (between 25-35 mm) from the bottom of the chin to the top of the head.
- The photo must be taken within 30 days of submission
- The photo must be taken against a white background
- The photo must be taken with a full face view facing directly to the camera.
- The photo must show no real facial expression with eyes open looking straight ahead
If you use a digital camera to take your own passport style pictures, the image dimensions must be in a square aspect ratio. Minimum dimensions are 600 x 600. Maximum dimensions are 1200 x 1200.
The image must be in sRGB color, which is the most typical color output for most digital cameras today.
If you have any questions about the K1 Fiance or CR1 Marriage Visa application process, please feel free to call me toll free at 1-888-515-3529.
Attorney Jeffrey C Pettys