New DS 160 Online Non Immigrant Visa Application for K1 Fiance Visa Applicants

The process of applying for a K1 Fiance Visa starts with the submission of the I-129f Petition for Alien Fiance form and all the required documents with USCIS. After receiving approval of your I-129f form, you will next have to submit forms and documents directly to the US Embassy closest to where your fiance resides.  Until recently this next step required the submission of several more forms depending on the location of the US Embassy. To help stream line the process, The State Department has created and new online form called the DS- 160 Non Immigrant Visa Application form. The new online DS-160 application replaces the following older forms; DS-156, DS-157, DS-158, and DS-3031.

 To start working on the new online DS-160 Non Immigrant Visa Application form, you will need to go to: and then click on the link for the DS 160 form. You will be required to select the US Embassy location where your fiance resides. This will be the US Embassy that will process your finace visa. Once you have selected the proper US Embassy location, you will be given an Application ID number which you must keep. I suggest you write down the number and further print the Application ID certificate for your records. You will need this Application ID number to login to your online form each time you work on it. You will also be asked for your USCIS approval receipt number which you can find on your USCIS I-797 Notice of Action approval receipt. As you proceed through the form, you will be asked a number of questions and then when each page is complete, you can proceed to the next page. You cannot proceed to the next page until every question is fully answered. If you need to exit the form to get the answer(s) to a question you cannot answer on the spot, I suggest you save the form and then return later with your answer(s) to continue.

As a suggestion, I would have a copy of the beneficiaries passport bio page as this will be needed at some point to finish the form.

Once complete, you should review your answers for mistakes and if all looks good, submit the form by clicking the submission link/tab. You should print a hard copy of the submitted form for your records.

If you have any questions about the K1 Fiance Visa or how to obtain a K1 Fiance Visa, you are welcome to call me toll free anytime at 1-888-515-3529.

Good Luck!

Jeff Pettys


Contact Information