K2 Visas for the Children of a K1 Fiance

US Immigration provides visas for the children of an approved fiancé when requested. These visas are known as K2 Visas. K2 visas are “derivative visas” to the K1 Fiance Visa. In plain English, visas for the children of an approved fiancé (who are not US Citizens) will automatically be issued when the K1 Fiance visa is issued for the fiancé/parent. Children who are US Citizens by birth or blood, only need a US passport.
To apply for a K2 visa, all children who need a visa to travel to the US must be listed on the Fiance’s I-129f Petition for Alien Fiance. Listing the children on the Fiancé’s I-129f form lets the Embassy know that the listed children of the fiance will be coming over with the fiancé or following shortly thereafter.
Once the initial petition is approved for the fiancé by USCIS, it will be necessary to submit a separate DS 160 form for each child who needs a visa in order to travel to the US with the Fiance.
Another piece of good news is that our office does not charge for the legal work to process a K2 Visa when hired to apply for the K1 Fiance Visa.
Please feel free to call me toll free at anytime should you wish to discuss your fiancé visa matter. I am always happy to answer questions.
Attorney Jeff Pettys
Contact Information