Affidavits Of Support for The K1 Fiance and CR1 Marriage Visa

The Petitioner for a K1 Fiance Visa or CR1 Marriage visa must submit an Affidavit of Support as a part of the application process. For the K1 Fiance Visa, the Petitioner must submit his or her Affidavit of Support on form I-134. Whereas the Affidavit of Support used for a CR1 Marriage Visa is submitted on form I-864. Both forms will require you to identify your current employment and sources of income and further prove your income using your most recent Federal Tax Return and W2. For each type of visa, you must be able to show that you earn at least 125% above the Federal Poverty guideline for your size family. In the case of the I-134, you will also be required to identify your assets. Only when you don’t meet the income requirements of a Marriage Visa will you have to identify your assets using the I-864 form.
The I-864 Affidavit of Support form is also used when adjusting status to become a Lawful Permanent resident. Sometimes this is referred to as the Green Card process.
You can review the forms by going to Click on the Form Tab and scroll down until you reach the I-134 or I-864 form links. Click on the link for your form and download the form and instructions.

If you have any questions about either form, your income, the types of assets that must be disclosed or the documentation required to prove your financial condition, you are welcome to give me a call anytime. You can reach me toll free at 1-888-515-3529.
Attorney Jeffrey C Pettys
Contact Information