Fiance Visa. Where is my Attorney?

Does it matter what state my Attorney works from or lives in if I want to obtain a Fiance Visa or a Marriage Visa? ………NO, not at all.

Immigration law is governed by Federal Law and for this reason, any licensed Attorney can practice Immigration law from any state in The United States and represent clients from other states and around the world. Further, since applying for a Fiance Visa or a Marriage Visa depends mostly on the submission of forms and documents, it is not necessary to meet your Attorney in person. The work between the Attorney and the client can take place over the phone and through email. In fact, the most efficient and cost effective way to help clients obtain a Fiance Visa or a Marriage Visa today, is to work together using email and other forms of electronic communication.

Our office uses several means of electronic communications and technology to communicate with clients and their fiances and wife’s. We talk by phone, Skype or something like yahoo messenger. We are always open to new ways to communicate and will work to accommodate what works best for the client. Forms, documents and pictures that don’t have to be an original can be sent by email. Our technology allows us to manage and safeguard all such materials. Materials that have to be an original can be sent by express or regular mail.

For immigration matters, like Fiance Visas, Marriage Visas and applying for Green Cards, it doesn’t matter where your Attorney works or resides. What matters is that your Attorney is accessible to discuss your case with you and answer your questions when they arise. When choosing an Attorney you haven’t met in person, chose someone who is in good standing with their State Bar Association, someone you feel comfortable talking with and someone who you feel can provide you with good service and at a fair price.

As with all my clients, they are certainly welcome to stop by my office to meet me anytime, but its not necessary.  If you have any questions regarding Fiance Visas or marriage Visas, or other Immigration related topics, please feel free to call me toll free at 1-888-515-3529.

Jeffrey C.  Pettys, Attorney At Law

Contact Information